Sunshine and Flowers

Sunshine and Flowers
‘Tis my faith that every flower Enjoys the air it breathes! -William Wordsworth

Monday, August 1, 2022

Just a Glimpse

This is a tree that used to be a few years ago but it is no more. It was here in southern Indiana by Patoka Lake near the dam. It is a lovely place to picnic, boat, walk trails, fish or just simply enjoy nature. I really miss the tree. It had a magical storylike feel to it. I could imagine it speaking kindly with a wise old voice. They took many trees down but it makes the lake stand out more and offers more space to fish or hike. There are still woods. Perhaps the tree got damaged more, I am not sure but I wish it could have remained. I hated to see it go.
The second picture is a picture from northern Michigan way up in the part known as the Copper Country. It is so beautiful there. In the old days there were many copper mines most of what is a part of history now.Things continually change but I think it is good to learn about the past and to preserve the memories.
This is on top of Brockway Mountain Drive in the Copper Country, It is breathtakingly beautiful.
Here is a little trivia you may find interesting about Keewinah County in Upper Michigan. They always get a lot of snow and sometimes mind boggling amounts but it is a beautiful place.
I'm sure my eyes have only seen a tiny glimpse of all the beauty this world has to hold and can only imagine what Heaven must be like.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place! If I lived there, I would never go inside! Yes, the tree does look magical, what a shame! It must have been very old, and only to be cut down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! So peaceful looking too, but I'll pass on all that snow. I have a thing about trees too. I always think if they could talk, especially the old big ones that have been around forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me waving hi again as I make my blog rounds. Hoping all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waving hi again, hope you're ok, it's been awhile since you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making my blog rounds and waving again. Hope you're alright, it's been so long since we've heard from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you capture both the nostalgia for lost trees and appreciation for new perspectives.

    ReplyDelete