Sunshine and Flowers

Sunshine and Flowers
‘Tis my faith that every flower Enjoys the air it breathes! -William Wordsworth

Sunday, February 15, 2026

Slowly heading north

We have enjoyed being in Lakeland but are on

Our way home now with a few days in StAigustine first

This morning we walked to the lake close to our vacation rental and I saw some of the birds I’ve enjoyed on our almost daily walk there I’ll miss them walks 

        







When we arrived in StAugustine today we had just enough time to get a quick walk to the beach but we found out we were under a Tornado watch and it soon began rain and thunder!

  I was actually happy enough to relax in the room for awhile because we had a really busy time! I got my top goal plus some on my fitness watch from all the walking we did at Circle B, Gator Creek reserve ,Bonnet Springs just here and there with the grandkids. I dont think I lost a pound being busy because we have been  eating really yummy food ha ha!

I’ve got to say I just love the people of Florida everywhere we go they have been so polite and friendly!

       


Tonight since it rained we just got a pizza and looked in my favorite gift shop at St Augustine Beach. Tomorrow is another day with new things,not sure what though.


Whew I’m glad we made it through the traffic in Orlando !

I’ll sleep good tonight and we don’t have any long drives to do tomorrow 

Goodnight and God bless you    


6 comments:

  1. You got great shots of the Blue Heron. And the black one sunning his wings, maybe an Anhinga or a Cormorant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we got in a few good visits while you were here!! Have fun in St. Augustine, and praying for safe travels home!! Come back soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Having fun but missing those grand babies up north now and our kids there. Glad we got together it’s been great

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, Cheryl! Enjoy St. Augustine and safe travels as you head back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come back to Florida when you can!!

    ReplyDelete